Adding workouts to your fitness app is a great way to track your progress and stay motivated. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned athlete, there are many benefits to logging your exercise sessions. Not only does it help you keep track of your fitness goals, but it also allows you to review your stats and make any necessary adjustments to your workout routine.
If you’re using a fitness app on your iPhone or Apple Watch, you don’t have to worry about manually entering your workout data. With the right app, you can easily select the type of workout you’re doing, set your goals, and let the app do the rest. Whether you’re going for a run, doing a specific exercise, or trying a new workout, your app can help you keep track of your metrics so you can see how you’re progressing over time.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to add workouts to your fitness app:
- Start by opening your fitness app on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Scroll to the “Workout” section and select “Add Workout”.
- Choose the type of workout you want to add from the list.
- Set your goals for the workout, such as the duration, distance, or calories burned.
- If you’re wearing an Apple Watch, you can start the workout by pressing the digital crown button, then view your metrics on the screen.
- During your workout, you can pause, resume, or end the session using the controls on your Apple Watch.
- After your workout, you can review your stats to see how you did and make any necessary adjustments to your routine.
Adding workouts to your fitness app is a simple and effective way to track your progress and achieve your health goals. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced athlete, using a fitness app can help you stay motivated and on track. So why not give it a try?
Adding workout controls to your fitness app can greatly enhance the user experience and provide additional functionality for your users. Whether they’re wearing an Apple Watch or using their digital device, these controls can make it easier for users to track their workouts and achieve their fitness goals.
How to start a workout
To start a workout session, users simply need to follow these steps:
- On their Apple Watch, they can scroll down on the watch face to view the activity app.
- Once in the activity app, they can use the digital crown to select the “Workout” option.
- From there, they can choose the type of workout they want to start, such as running, cycling, or swimming.
- After selecting the workout type, they can choose any additional options or controls, such as setting a calorie goal or changing the duration of the workout.
- Once all the options are set, they can tap the “Start” button to begin the workout session.
How to manually add and edit workouts
If users want to add or edit a workout manually, they can follow these steps:
- On their Apple Watch, they can go to the activity app and scroll down to view the activity rings.
- From the rings view, they can tap on the “+” button to add a new workout.
- They can then select the type of workout from the list of options.
- After selecting the workout type, they can choose any additional controls, such as setting a duration or calorie goal.
- Once all the options are set, they can tap “Start” to begin the workout session.
- If they want to edit a previous workout, they can go to the activity rings view and scroll down to view the list of workouts.
- They can then select the workout they want to edit and make the desired changes.
How to view workout metrics
To view workout metrics during or after a workout session, users can follow these steps:
- During a workout session, users can simply raise their wrist to view the workout metrics on their Apple Watch screen.
- After a workout session, users can go to the activity app on their Apple Watch or iPhone to view a summary of the workout.
- In the activity app, they can scroll down to view the list of workouts and select the one they want to review.
- They’ll then be able to see details such as calories burned, distance covered, and duration of the workout.
By adding workout controls and providing easy access to workout metrics, you can help your users achieve their fitness goals and live a healthier life.
How to View Additional Workout Stats and Metrics
When using a fitness app, it’s important to track your progress and analyze your workout data. Here is how you can view additional stats and metrics:
- Start the fitness app on your device.
- Select the workout you want to view the stats for.
- Scroll down on the screen to find the workout details section.
- Click on the “Stats” button to view additional metrics, such as calories burned, time spent, and more.
How to Add Workouts Manually
If you want to manually add a workout to your fitness app, follow these steps:
- Open the fitness app on your device.
- Click on the “Add Workout” button.
- Select the type of exercise or workout from the options provided.
- Edit the workout details, such as the duration and intensity.
- Click on the “Save” button to add the workout to your app.
What to Do After the Workout
After completing a workout, there are a few things you should do:
- Pause the workout if you need to take a break or rest.
- Review your workout stats to see how well you performed.
- Edit the workout if you need to make any changes or add additional details.
- Save the workout to ensure it is recorded and included in your fitness goals.
How to Add a Workout to Apple Watch Manually
If you want to track a specific workout on your Apple Watch, you can do so manually by following these steps:
- On your Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown to go to the Home screen.
- Tap on the Workout app to open it.
- Scroll down and select the “Add Workout” option.
- You will be presented with a list of different workout options.
- Tap on the workout type you want to add. For example, if you’re going for a run, tap on “Outdoor Run”.
- Next, you’ll see a screen where you can customize your workout.
- Use the Time control to set the duration of your workout.
- If you want to set a goal for your workout, such as burning a specific number of calories, use the Goal section.
- You can also enable/disable Power Saving Mode if you want to conserve battery during your workout.
- Once you’ve configured your workout settings, tap the Start button to begin your workout.
While you’re wearing your Apple Watch during the exercise session, it will track your activity and provide you with real-time stats such as distance, pace, heart rate, and more.
If you encounter any issues or want to troubleshoot your workout experience, you can refer to Apple’s official support faq or learn more from your Apple Watch User Guide.
After you’ve completed your workout, you can review your workout metrics, calories burned, and other details on your Apple Watch or on your paired iPhone using the Apple Health app.
If you want to pause or end your workout before the set time, you can simply swipe right on the workout screen and tap the corresponding controls.
With the Apple Watch and the Workout app, adding and tracking your workouts has never been easier. Whether you’re a beginner or a fitness junkie, the Apple Watch can help you reach your fitness goals and better understand your health.
By Leanne Hays, Apple Watch Expert and Fitness App Author
How to Start a Workout on Apple Watch
If you’re looking to kickstart your fitness journey or simply want to add more workouts to your routine, the Apple Watch is here to help. With its advanced features and seamless integration with the Health app on your iPhone, you can easily track your workouts and monitor your progress. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to start a workout on your Apple Watch.
1. Select the Workout App
To begin, navigate to the home screen of your Apple Watch and tap on the Workout app. It’s represented by a green icon with a running figure. If you can’t find it, use the search function or rearrange your app layout for easier access.
2. Choose Your Workout Type
After opening the Workout app, you’ll be presented with a list of workout types. These include activities such as running, cycling, swimming, HIIT, yoga, and many more. Scroll through the list and select the workout that best matches the activity you’re about to engage in.
3. Start the Workout
Once you’ve selected your workout type, you’ll see a brief overview of the metrics and stats that will be tracked during your activity. To start the workout, simply tap the “Start” button. You can also set specific metrics or goals by tapping the “Metrics” button.
4. Monitor Your Workout
During your workout, you can view various metrics on the screen, including heart rate, calories burned, distance covered, and more. These metrics will be displayed in real-time, allowing you to gauge your performance and make adjustments if needed. You can swipe left or right to view different metrics or use the Digital Crown to zoom in and out for a better view.
5. End the Workout
When you’re finished with your workout, simply press the “End” button to stop the session. Your Apple Watch will automatically save the workout data, including the date, time, duration, and other relevant information. You can then review your workout in the Fitness app on your iPhone or follow the prompts to change or edit any information.
6. Add Workouts Manually
If you don’t have your Apple Watch paired with you or if you forget to start a workout, don’t worry. You can still add your exercise manually through the Health app on your iPhone. Simply open the Health app, go to “Browse” tab, select “Activity”, and tap on “Workouts”. From there, tap the “+” button to add a new workout. Fill in the details, such as the type of workout, duration, and calories burned.
7. Troubleshoot Common Issues
If you encounter any issues while starting or tracking your workouts, there are several troubleshooting options available. You can check Apple’s official FAQ page or reach out to Apple Support for assistance. Additionally, make sure you have the latest software updates installed on your Apple Watch and iPhone to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.
Now that you know how to start a workout on your Apple Watch, you can jump right into your fitness routine and enjoy the benefits of tracking your progress and improving your health and well-being. Have a great workout!